POLICY'S & PROCEDURES
Policies and Procedures
Will only be accepted after all the necessary forms have been completed and payment made in accordance with my price list applicable at the time. I will be closed on Bank Holidays, but service could be made via special arrangement and will be subject to double the hourly rate, no discounts will be included on these days.
For new clients, an in-home consultation will be required.
Bookings may be accepted up to 24 hours before a service begins but payment in full will be required for all bookings made less than 7 days before the service begins.
I will provide a time interval during which walks/visits will occur. If an unforeseen situation arises the time interval may be adjusted.
Duty of Care
Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services highly respects the clients trust with the care of their pet and where necessary, having access to the clients property,
Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services will utilise her skill and knowledge to ensure the standards of care provided to the animals and any property is appropriate.
A change in a pets’ routine and circumstances can cause varying degrees of distress and unpredictable or abnormal behaviour, particularly if their owner is on holiday, pets have no concept or ability to understand that their owner’s absence is temporary and they will be coming back. I understand this and will offer comfort and reassurance whilst trying, as far as is practically possible, to maintain their normal daily routines.
In the event of extreme weather which may have an adverse effect on your pet e.g. heat or thunder storms, I shall, at my sole discretion, take whatever action I consider necessary, including not carry out scheduled exercise until it is, in my opinion, safe to do so.
- In the event of cancellations that are notified to me more than 7 day prior to the start of the booking period, all fees less the non- refundable deposit of 25% will be refunded, or held over for subsequent bookings.
Any bookings that are cancelled between 7 days and 48 hours before the start date for the booking will require 50% payment for services.
All bookings cancelled less than 48 hours will be payable in full.
If Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services cannot provide the service agreed, I will do my best to arrange an alternative, unless in extreme circumstances, where I will endeavour to give 24 hour notice.
Aggressive or unsociable animals
1. Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet and Home Services will not accept unruly, untrained or aggressive animals’.
2. The client will indemnify Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services against any damage or injury caused by the pet towards any property, person or other animal; this will include, but is not limited to veterinary, medical and legal fees.
3. The client agrees that on booking services for their dog(s) that they have represented that the dog(s) to have not shown aggression or caused harm or threatening behaviour to any individual and/or any pets also the client agrees to contact Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services as soon as possible if any of these behavioural changes presents itself or if it has the potential to cause harm to any individual or pet(s)
4. If the clients dog whilst been walked shows aggressive tendencies towards the service provider, or should its behaviour become unacceptable, the client agrees that the service is terminated with immediate effect and the pet is returned to the location where it was collected.
5. In the event of a pets’ behaviour exceeding what would be considered normal or acceptable towards people or other animals, I shall, in my sole discretion take whatever action I consider necessary in the best interest of the animal and other animals or people which may be encountered. This may include a refusal to walk a dog or in extreme circumstances termination of this contract.
6. I shall not be liable for any refund of fees paid where the behaviour is not specified within the relevant section of the Schedule of Services and Fees.
7. Dogs will only be walked on leads.
Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services will properly dispose of your pet(s) waste, however the client shall ensure there is an appropriate supply of bags for that purpose, and indicate their preferred method/location of disposal. I will supply bags and dispose of any waste during the period of the walk.
The client shall provide sufficient food, cat litter and any treats for their pet(s) for the duration of the service.
The client shall provide secure collars with name/address tags and leads.
I shall clean up after your pets to the best of my ability.
The client shall make available cleaning materials in the event of any ‘mistakes’ within their property.
The client shall show Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services the location of appropriate cleaning materials, including but not limited to plastic bags, disposable gloves, towels, disinfectant, paper towels and bin bags.
Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services may charge for cleaning where the time or number of occurrences exceeds what would be considered to be acceptable.
- It shall be the sole responsibility of the client to ensure Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services is fully aware of any health issues the pet is experiencing, or has suffered in the past, Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services cannot be held liable for any actions or omissions which result in problems or complications for anything not disclosed.
No booking can be accepted without a completed Veterinary Release Form
Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services shall follow instruction given within the Schedule of Fees and Services but cannot be held liable for any complications which may arise.
In the event of a pet having a contagious illness or disease which has not been disclosed, the client may be liable for the costs of treatment given to other animals which become infected.
Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services require a copy of a valid vaccination certificate.
In the event that items need to be purchased to enable the service provider to properly perform their duties that are necessary as insufficient quantities were left by the client, or it is considered necessary in the interests of the health and wellbeing of the pet, the client shall reimburse Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services upon production of a receipt for the products.
- Where it is necessary for the Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services to hold keys to a property, the client shall provide one of each key needed. Keys will be coded and kept within a locked system for security.
Keys will be returned upon completion of this agreement providing all fees due have been paid
1. It shall be the client’s sole responsibility to ensure the information provided to the Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services is current and up to date. The client agrees to accept any decision made by the Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services in the event of not being able to contact the client as a result of wrong information held, if Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services is subjected to any expenditure as a result of the decision that expenditure shall be recoverable from the client.
2. Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services shall keep all your information private and confidential. All information relating to the client, their property and pet(s) will be stored in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
1.Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services holds and maintains Public Liability Insurance for the peace of mind of its clients.
The insurance covers me for the services defined within the Schedule of Services and Fees, during the times or periods specified within that schedule.
2. It shall be the sole responsibility of the client to ensure their property, its contents and pets are adequately insured throughout the duration of the Scheduled Services.
3. You are advised to check to see if your insurance provider needs informing that someone will have access to your property whilst you are away
The client shall advise Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services of anyone who will have access to your property during any periods of the client’s absence, including but not limited to cleaning services, maintenance personnel, friends, family and neighbours.
Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services shall not be liable for other persons or their actions or omissions who will be in, or have access to your property before, during or after services have been rendered
I may have a spouse, family member of friend to accompany me whilst providing the scheduled services. No costs will be applied to the client’s account for any assistance the companion provides.
The client will be advised in advance where I wish to take a companion, all companions will be subjected to whatever checks Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services considers necessary or appropriate.
- Please inform me of any changes regarding your contact numbers, your pet’s care needs, your emergency contact details and other pertinent information.
You will entrust the Service Provider to use best judgement in caring for your pets, the Service Provider will try to carry out your instructions to the best of their ability. However in cases of extreme weather, I will contact you with alternative arrangements.
Collars and Leads
Please provide secure collars with appropriate tags for all visits. All dogs will be walked on leads at all times.
Fences and Cat flaps
The Service Provider does not accept any responsibility or liability for any client’s animals that escape or become lost or injured, fatal or otherwise, when instructed to leave the clients animals in a fenced area.
This includes electronic, wood, metal or any other type of fence, or in premises that contains an unlocked cat flap.
1. Details of shut off points for services into the property are to be provided on the House Information sheet.
2. In the event of a household emergency you or your emergency contact will be contacted if you cannot be reached to arrange any remedial work.
1. Please leave your thermostat settings within a normal comfortable range.
2. If the house temperature is outside of this range the service provider will adjust the thermostat to ensure the health and comfort of your pet(s)
Changes to Return Date
1. The Service Provider carefully schedules time to serve you and other clients’, therefore, there are no refunds or credits for early returns or last minute changes to pet care.
1. The Service Provider accepts cash or Bacs payment
2. A 25% deposit of the total sum due is payable to Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services at the time of booking.
3. The remaining balance is due on or before the last date of the service for that booking. Regular customers will be invoiced weekly.
4. Where payment is not received in accordance with these terms and conditions of business; Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services reserves the right not to proceed with any previously agreed arrangements
1. The service provider will not be liable to the client or be deemed in breach of contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of its obligations in relation to the services, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond the service providers reasonable control.
I……………………………………………………………………. have read, understood and agree to the Policies and Procedures of Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services. I further understand that a copy of this form will be kept on file for documentary purposes. All policies and guidelines are subject to change at the discretion of the Service Provider
I request that Catherine’s Dog Walking with Pet & Home Services retains/returns (delete as appropriate) my keys upon completion of each pet service assignment.
Client Signature: …………………………………………………………… Date: ……………………………..
Service Provider Signature: ………………………………………. Date: ………………………………
Signed copy given to Client? Yes/ No